Thursday, April 26, 2012

Assignment 8







1. The Second Shift is the work women have to do when they come home after a full-time job. This includes cooking, cleaning, shopping, getting the kids ready for bed etc..


2. Nancy and Evan both have full time paid jobs. She feels that the housework is not distributed evenly and she works the second shift to take care of her son. Nancy feels upset from this and decides that Evan and her should switch preparing meals. They decide that Evan will take care of the downstairs and Nancy the upstairs.

3. Family myths are believing inside/outside, upstairs/downstairs are fair ways to split the work.

4. The family needs to believe these myths so the family can stay positive. Evan feels that he is doing his share while Nancy feels like she can count on him for something.

5. This was not surprising to me. I think men and women split the work from inside and outside a lot. I don't think I will solely participate in the second shift but if there is outside work needing to be done I will expect my husband to take of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment