Monday, January 23, 2012

Assignment 1: About Me

Hi! My name is Pherrin Strain. I am 22 years old and I am a senior graduating in May! I come from a large family! I have 5 siblings, 3 sisters and 2 brothers. Our ages range from 33-13. My oldest sister is 33 and married with 3 children. My older brother is 28 and moved to Texas two years ago for his job. My younger sister is 21 and lives at home. My younger brother is 19 and is finishing up his two years of community college and is applying for schools. My youngest sister is 13 and is a gymnast and runs cross country. My parents are no longer married. We also have three pets. I have two dogs named Kelby and Gia. I also have a cat named Cheesy. I live on campus and have two jobs. I work part time at a dress boutique in Wayne. I also work for a wedding DJ/Photo company working on their blogs and social media. On weekends I work bridal shows all over New Jersey and Pennsylvania. 


I am a FCST major with a concentration in families, children, and school settings. I would like to be a social worker one day. I really want to help underprivileged children any way I can. Last semester, I interviewed a social workers for a head start program and decided that's what I wanted to do. I would like to marry rich if I find my prince charming with a good bank account. Many of the topics on the syllabus seem interesting to me. I think the "All's fair in love and housework?" title sounds very interesting. I think the wikis are a new interactive way to keep all the documents for class in one place. This is my first time ever using a wiki. It is a little confusing a first but I think it will be a valuable took for this course.



No comments:

Post a Comment